The National Union of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (SNCPRE) recalls that about 600 surgeons in France have the required diplomas and qualifications, while about 3000 operators practice cosmetic surgery. Dr. Cédric Kron is one of the qualified practitioners recognized by the SNCPRE. Before choosing a practitioner, it is recommended to check with the County Council of the Order for the list of qualified surgeons operating in the department.
Quality of the relationship with your surgeon
The quality of the relationship established with the surgeon is essential: it is a question of establishing the bases of the mutual trust indispensable to the success of an plastic surgery intervention.
The first consultation will allow you to better understand your motivations. In some cases, this initial consultation may lead to the fact that it is better to give up the procedure. For example, when the benefit-risk analysis is unsatisfactory, the surgeon will inform you and then look for ways to meet your expectations, whether it is another surgery, methods from aesthetic medicine, or any other type of solution that can solve your issue : dermatological, psychotherapeutic, non medical solution...
Then, tt will be necessary to examine the cause of the imperfection which motivated your request and to find the best way to tackle the issue. There are often several surgical techniques that can be a solution a given problem. In some cases, medical can offer the expected result so as to avoid a surgical procedure.
Once the indication has been defined, the surgeon will explain the peculiarities of the procedure and the result that you can be expect. He will warn you about the risks related to the intervention,even if they are exceptional.
Finally, you will be given an estimate of the cost of the procedure. You will have time to think about it, at least two weeks before confirming your operation. During the consultation, you will be given an informed consent form and you will need confirm in writing the risks associated with the operation.
A second consultation is often essential before any intervention even if it is not obligatory. This consultation makes it possible to specify the indication, to detail the course of the operation and its consequences and to ensure that all risks have been understood and accepted by the patient.
Dr. Kron systematically offers this second consultation (free) and is at your disposal if you have new questions.
Recommendations before a plastic, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery:
- Set the date of the intervention.
- Read a long time in advance the informed consent form.
- Do the blood tests and the necessary examinations according to the interventions (for example, a mammogram for a breast surgery, an ophthalmological consultation for an eyelid surgery, ...).
- Review the treatments to be taken and/or avoided before the procedure.
- Do not take aspirin or derivatives for at least two weeks before the procedure.
- Avoid some homeopathic treatments that may increase bleeding.
- Review the instructions for the night before the procedure and the instructions for the day of the procedure.
- Fast before an operation without general anesthesia (at least 6 hours before the procedure).
- If possible, stop smoking at least 3 weeks before the procedure. Do not smoke within 6 hours of the surgery.